Saturday, May 28, 2011

Southwark at Night

My friend Vera (from Austria but studying in Dublin) came to visit for a couple of days in February.  We went to Camden Market, Burough Market, Brick Lane Market and went around to a ton of sights in the city. 
It was great having her visit because I hadn't seen since she was in Seattle a couple of years ago.  Hopefully I can visit her in Vienna sometime this summer!

Vera and I trying on some uber-cool shades in Camden


A great walk we did was along the south side of the Thames, beginning at Tower Bridge.  We walked west along the river through Southwark to the London Eye.  Here are a few of my favorite photos.

This is looking east from about Waterloo bridge.  You can see St. Pauls and the Gherkin.

St. Paul's.  My favorite building in London!

Same view as the first, just after a shopping break.  The lights on the river are really cool.


The London Eye (Lit up red for Valentine's Day), Parliament and Big Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment